With changes such as increasing pollution levels, changing food quality, and lifestyle changes such as poor eating habits, commuting and busy work schedules, the risk of developing health problems increased. As our life expectancy increases, we are exposed to diseases for longer. It is therefore essential to be covered by a health insurance plan.
Health insurance is also important as all kinds of medical costs go up. From December 2019 to May 2021, medical inflation in India fell from 3.8% to 8.4%. With insurance coverage for medical expenses, you can focus on your recovery without having to worry about money. You can claim tax deductions on the premium paid for the insurance plan under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Many people are recommended to travel abroad for special medical procedures. They may need to undergo treatment outside of India, even unexpectedly. Since medical costs are generally higher abroad, a health insurance scheme in India that extends its coverage to other countries can be very helpful.
Why should your health insurance plan coverage extend beyond India?
When traveling to a foreign country, you will usually find anything that is not familiar to you. So, if you do get sick, you might not know who to rely on for financial help or to refer you to the best health facility. However, a health insurance plan in India that extends coverage globally can help you in either case.
In addition, it is more useful than travel insurance. Unlike a travel insurance plan, comprehensive health insurance is not available for a fixed term only. It can cover planned hospitalization for medical treatment in a hospital abroad and even any pre-existing condition. Plus, unlike travel insurance, a global health insurance plan covers medical costs even when you are back in India.
Hence, these health insurance plans in India are gaining popularity among people who go abroad for higher education, professional reasons and even quality medical treatment for serious illnesses.
The best global health insurance plan can offer various benefits. You can benefit from flexible coverage, regardless of the cost of treatment, and be treated in the best health facilities. Often, some pre-existing conditions may also be covered. In addition, you can get coverage for all kinds of medical expenses (hospital and outpatient care, diagnostics, ambulance services, medical evacuation, repatriation, etc.).
Benefits offered by ManipalCigna Global Health Insurance Plan
The ManipalCigna global health insurance plan offers up to $ 10 million of the insured amount. This health insurance scheme in India offers coverage both in India and abroad.
As part of global coverage, you can take advantage of:
- Hospitalization for serious illnesses lasting more than 24 consecutive hours
- Pre-hospitalization up to 60 days before the date of hospitalization
- Post-hospitalization up to 180 days after discharge from hospital
- Coverage of transportation costs to a registered ambulance service provider to a hospital for medical treatment of covered critical illnesses, as well as the option of using an air ambulance once per insurance year
- Emergency evacuation to the nearest medical facility that provides adequate medical care if this is not available locally for critical illnesses covered by insurance
- Medical repatriation to the insured’s home in India or to a hospital close to his home in India when the emergency is caused by a covered critical illness
- Repatriation of the mortal remains from the place of death of the insured to his residence in India
- Coverage of the costs of WHO-approved vaccines prescribed for the insured person to travel to a location outside India
- Cover for robotic and cyber knife surgery for critical illnesses covered by insurance
- Coverage of modern and advanced treatments of the main covered diseases
National health insurance plan coverage is available for:
- Day care, hospitalization, road ambulance coverage
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization (for the same duration as that of the global cover)
- Hospitalization in hospital for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy)
- Organ donation costs, home expenses, adult health check-up
- Robotic and cyber knife surgery, modern and advanced treatments
- HIV / AIDS and STD coverage, mental health coverage
- Restoration of 100% of the sum insured for injuries or illnesses unrelated to any number of times during an insurance year
- Premium waiver benefit
The health insurance plan helps both non-employer-employee and employer-employee categories (including affinity groups such as club members, students in educational institutions, account holders bank savings and others). Coverage can be extended for family members including spouse, legal partner, children, parents and dependents. Profitable plans like a deductible, inclusion of a waiting period, co-payment and a limit on personal expenses are available. Optional packages and critical illness insurance additional modules are available upon payment of an additional premium. You can benefit from tax advantages on the premium paid.
In the current COVID-19 pandemic scenario, a global expansion of an uncompromising health insurance plan in India has become even more critical. For this, consider choosing a good insurer like ManipalCigna.
– Content of the brand office